Saturday, March 14, 2009

Brent and Krista

One of the things I said in my very first blog post was that I had a number of weddings coming up and I was looking forward to filling you in on all the details. Well, this one was a lot of fun. Brent and his family were past clients, I had photographed them about a year before the wedding. Now the lovely and adventurous Krista was joining the family, and I was thrilled to be part of the story.

We had an awesome engagement session during the hot summer, out at Sylvan Lake where Krista's parents have a sweet little cabin on top of a cliff. You have to take a motorized chair lift from the house to the dock. We made is up and down safely, despite the vorociuos mosquitoes, and we got some amazing shots. However, you will not see any of those images here! I just thought I would tease you with the story. What you will see here a complete story of their awesome wedding day. It started at the salon with some rather unco-operative girls, but there was muffins and fruit so I still came away happy:)

The boys put themselves together in fairly good order, with only a little help from Arnie, Leslie and Jose Cuervo. I guess it was just Corona, but Jose sounds better. The ceremony went off without a hitch, wait, that's not right, they did get hitched - then we headed for the great outdoors.

October in Alberta is not a reliable time to be outdoors, I'm just sayin'. I had some beautiful light at the park, and some beautiful people to work with so things went well for the first hour. Then it got interesting. We had just made our way to Brent's second home (the baseball field at Great Chief Park) when the clouds started to roll in. By some small miracle the wind did nothing, so we captured some awesome shots around the field and in the dugout. Surprisingly enough, flip flops have incredible traction on red shale, hey ladies!

Anyway, without further ado, here's Brent and Krista. Congratulations you two!


No comments:

Post a Comment